JAMB UTME Commerce Recommended Textbooks 2023. See Joint Admissions & Matriculation Board (JAMB) recommended textbooks for Commerce. Find details below.
JAMB Board History
By 1974, there were seven (7) Federal Universities in the country. Every one of these existing universities conducted its own concessional examination and admitted its students.
However, this system of admission revealed serious limitations and often, a waste of resources in administering the concessional examination, especially by the candidates.
The general untidiness in the uncoordinated system of admissions into universities and the attendant problems were sufficient cause for concern to the committee of vice-chancellors.
These problems had assumed an extra dimension when by 1976, the then federal military government, under the leadership of General Olusegun Obasanjo, established six (6) additional universities.
Consequently, the government set up a national committee on university entrance under the chairmanship of Mr. M. S. Angulu.
The Committee was specifically requested to consider the possibility of setting up a Joint Matriculation Board.The Committee recommended the setting up of two (2) bodies, the Central Admissions Board and the Joint Matriculation Board.
The Federal military government accepted some recommendations of the committee and set up the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board.
The legal instrument establishing the Board was, however, promulgated by the act (no. 2 of 1978) of the Federal Military Government on 13th February, 1978.
By August 1988, the Federal Executive Council amended decree No. 2 of 1978 to empower the Board to conduct matriculation examinations for entry into all polytechnics.
Also, colleges of education in the country and to place suitably qualified candidates in the available places in these institutions.
The amendments have since been codified into decree No. 33 of 1989, which took effect from 7th December 1989.
➢ Visit portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility
➢ Original JAMB-UTME Result Slip Online
➢ JAMB Original Result Slip Printing
JAMB Recommended Textbooks To Prepare For Commerce
Below is the list of recommended textbooks you can use and prepare for the upcoming Commerce JAMB Examination 2023.
1. Anderson, D. J. (1978) Commerce for West Africa, London: Macmillan.
2. Ahukannah, L. I. et al (1992) Commerce for Secondary Schools Onitsha: Africana – First Publishers.
3. Asaolu, A. and Igwe, P. M. (2005) New Syllabus Commerce for Secondary Schools Books 1 – 3 (Second Edition) Ibadan: Evans.
4. Babatunde, A. H. (1999) Handbook on Commerce for Schools and Colleges, (First Edition), Global Publications.
5. Eriki, P. O. (1998) Working with Computer, Benin: Bofic Publishers.
6. French, C. S. (2000) Computer Science, (Fifth Edition), Britain: Ashford.
7. Ibru, G. M. (2004) Nigeria: The Promise of Tourism, Lagos: G.S.L. Publishing Limited.
8. Igwe, P. M. e tal (2004) Countdown to WASSCE/SSCE/NECO/JME Commerce, Ibadan: Evans.
9. James, A. F, et al (1996) Management, (Sixth Edition), New Delhi: Prentice Hall).
10. Nwachukwu, C. C. (1999) Management Theory and Practice, Onitsha: Africana – First Publishers.
11. Odedokun, M. O. et al (1999) Commerce for Senior Secondary Schools, Books 1 – 3, Lagos: Longman.
12. Odoom, F. F. (1998) Commerce for Senior Secondary Schools, Books 1 – 3, Ibadan: Onibonoje.
13. Onifade, A. (2001) Management: Office Business Education, Abeokuta: KAPPCO.
14. Onifade, A. (2002) The Computer for Word Processing and Internet, Abeokuta: KAPPCO.
15. Onu, A. J. C. (2000) Marketing Today, Abuja: Precious Treasures Ltd.
16. Pallister, J. and Isaacs, A. (eds) (2002) A Dictionary of Business (Third Edition), Oxford: Oxford University Press.
17. Ubaka, O. A., (2012), Commerce Simplified for SSS 1 – 3, WAEC, NECO, JAMB & NABTEB EXAMS, Garki, Abuja: Andyson Millennium Concepts Ltd.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting, right? If yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+
Join Over 5 Million Subscribers Today!
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK & TWITTER FOR LATEST UPDATES
ADS: KNOCK-OFF DIABETES IN JUST 60 DAYS! - ORDER YOURS HERE
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website must not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are Protected by DMCA-Pro
» GETTING MONEY FOR EXAM REGISTRATION IS HARD !!, Admission Should NOT Be!! Stop wasting time at Home. Let Help you Pass Your Upcoming Exams!!.We also help in Modifying Examination Results (Upgrading) . First Hand & Classic Exam Help!!
UTMEOFFICIAL is the Secret Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (E-JAMB |N-JAMB |JUPEB |IJMB| DE| POST UTME) Assistance website for Nigeria examiners. UTMEOfficial was founded in July 2011 ,By Staffs from Various Institutions & Exam bodies in Nigeria .The main goal of this site is to provide Real, Reliable ,Fast ,First class Utme exams Assistance and other exam resources that allow candidates to pass effectively..
UTMEOfficial™ is NOT a Government Owned Website. This Website is Owned By Secret Organizations(Group of Individuals) Under the Nigeria Government.Your Details are Secure and safe with us. See how we protect your details